The National Reining Horse Association Markel Futurity Sales are known for top-notch consignments that can compete on reining’s biggest stages.
The National Reining Breeders Classic, one of NRHA’s largest approved events, is currently being held in Katy, Texas, and runs through April 24. There are multiple Sale alums entered in the aged event, which boasts more than $700,000 in added money.
With the Non Pro preliminary round already in the books, many of those graduates are already advancing to the Non Pro Finals on Friday. The Open preliminary round will conclude Thursday evening, and the Open Finals will be held Saturday.
Frank Costantini, Markel Director of Western Disciplines and member of NRHA’s Sales Task Force, noted that the success of the Sale’s graduates at major events is proof of the quality of horses who cross the ring in Oklahoma City.
“From the Sales Task Force point of view, and from my point of view as the Discipline Director of Markel, the Futurity Sales are a phenomenal place where we can come and gather and purchase what we think will be the next great individual. If you have any doubts about that, all you have to do is look at the ones who are doing well here at the NRBC,” Costantini said.
Congratulations to the NRHA Markel Futurity Sale Graduates Advancing to the Non Pro Finals
- Mariana Vazquez & Rock It Sassy Girl (Wimpys Little Step x Shining N Sassy) – 2018 Select Yearling Sale, consigned by Roxanne Koepsell and purchased by Rancho la Sierita
- Kathleen Armenta & Off N Running (Walla Walla Whiz x Spook Off Sparks) – 2016 Select Yearling Sale, consigned by Arcese Quarter Horses, USA and purchased by Matt Roush
- Michael Garnett & Sassy Son Ofa Gun (Gunner x Shining N Sassy) – 2016 Select Yearling Sale, consigned by Roxanne Koepsell and purchased by Alex Castaneda
- Samantha Smith & Smokin 66 (Inferno Sixty Six x Nuthin Chic) – 2019 Futurity Prospect & Select Broodmare Sale, consigned by Garth Brown, Agent, and purchased by Lance Griffin
- Anna Harris & Ready N Willing (Walla Walla Whiz x Dainty Dunit) – 2016 Select Yearling Sale, consigned by Arcese Quarter Horses, USA and purchased by Yonathan Baruch
- Sarah Korpela & This Gunners Dreamin (Gunners Special Nite x This Chicsdundreamin) – 2016 Select Yearling Sale, consigned by Rhodes River Ranch and purchased by Tom McCutcheon
- Jeff Sizelove & Tinseltown N Gunz (Hollywoodstinseltown x Gun Affair) – 2017 Marketplace Sale, consigned by ProFit Equine, Agent, and purchased by John Fletcher
- Lillian Beshears & Whiz A Golden Spook (Smart Spook x Whizin Off Sparks) – 2016 Select Yearling Sale, consigned by Sterling Ranch and purchased by Peter and Courtney Morgan
NRHA Markel Futurity Sale Graduates Entered in NRBC Open Classic
- Julia Roshelli & Cee Mi Diablo (Inferno Sixty Six x Brennas Cee) – 2018 Select Yearling Sale, consigned by Cinder Lakes Ranch and purchased by Gabe Hutchins
- Lars Mortenson & Gunna Be Stylish (ARC Gunnabeabigstar x Be Stylish With Me) – 2019 Select Yearling Sale, consigned by Mary Scott Brown and purchased by Teddy Gerrald
- Ben Beckett & KR Ima Trashya (Gunnatrashya x KR Ima Tejon) – 2016 Select Yearling Sale, consigned by Kyle Ranch and purchased by Lesley Martin
- Hava Vital & KR Magpie (Magnum Chic Dream x Smart Shiney Lena) – 2019 Select Yearling Sale, consigned by Butch Coggins and purchased by Justin Mathison
- Marco Ricotta & RL Chic Happens (Smart Chic Olena x Shining Donna) – 2017 Marketplace Sale, consigned by Pro Fit Equine, Agent, and purchased by Jared and Terry Brotherson
- Lorinaldo Gomes & Rock It With Sass (Wimpys Little Step x Shining N Sassy) – 2017 Select Yearling Sale, consigned by Roger Daly, Agent, and purchased by Alpha Quarter Horses
- Craig Schmersal & Surprizedya (Gunnatrashya x Dun With Surprizes) – 2020 Futurity Prospect Sale, consigned by Riverwind Performance Horses, LLC, and purchased by Laura Bell
- Matt Palmer & TR Mr Joe (Lil Joe Cash x Ms Whiz Dunit) – 2018 Select Yearling Sale, consigned by Tamarack Ranch, LLC, and purchased by TR Mr Joe
- Robin Schoeller & TR Spooks R Wimps (Wimpys Little Step x Spooks N Sparks) – 2018 Select Yearling Sale, consigned by Tamarack Ranch, LLC, and purchased by Massimo Talcone
- Fernando Salgado & Vinny Gun (A Sparkling Vintage x Dolled Up Gunner) – 2018 Select Yearling Sale, consigned by Larson and purchased by Guillermo De Anda
The NRHA hosts four premier reining sales each year, held during the NRHA Futurity & Adequan® North American Affiliate Championships. These sales offer an outstanding group of two-year-old reining prospects, yearlings, stallions, broodmares, and show horses from leading breeders, owners, and trainers.
All sales are managed by the NRHA office with support and direction from the NRHA Markel Sales Task Force. The quality and integrity of the NRHA Markel Futurity Sales are reflected in the graduates of the previous sales – they have won millions in NRHA earnings since the first two-year-olds sold in 1993.
For more information on the NRHA Markel Futurity Sales, visit NRHA.com/Sales, contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (405)946-7400, ext. 123.