When Gina Schumacher and CS O Bingo marked a 220 to win The Invitational Non Pro Championship at the Kimes Ranch Tulsa Reining Classic, it was more than just a win. Not only did Schumacher collect the largest check of her career, she also unofficially became the National Reining Horse Association’s 38th Million Dollar Rider.
“It’s nice to have this kind of achievement, but it doesn’t change anything because I still have to learn, and I still have to work the same amount every day to keep up,” Schumacher said humbly.
Reaching the million-dollar mark was special, but doing so on CS O Bingo, a 3-year-old colt by Snip O Lution and out of Bingo Juicy, made it even more so. “We bred, raised, and trained him. He’s sired by our stud, Snip O Lution, and I know a lot of people don’t really recognize or remember him because he was over in Europe. He’s the sweetest thing ever, but every time he walked into the show pen, he was a machine. CS O Bingo’s dam was my first futurity horse, and my dad had bought her for me,” Schumacher shared. “It was really cool that I’ve shown and won on both the mom and dad and now the baby.”
Schumacher’s love of horses was likely passed down from her mother, NRHA Million Dollar Owner Corinna Schumacher. “Mom always had horses, so I just kind of followed along. I had a dressage pony and some Shetlands, but I always had little Western saddles to ride,” Gina recalled.
Corinna Schumacher established CS Ranch in Givrins, Switzerland, and it became the base of operations, home to about 25 reining horses and host to multiple prestigious reining events. Corinna’s recognition of the scope of the discipline in the United States led to the purchase of 460 acres in Gordonville, Texas, upon which she built a state-of-the-art facility. Completed in 2012, it is home to an impressive show string and 130 broodmares with NRHA $2 Million Rider Duane Latimer as the resident trainer.
“My mom and Duane are both a big part of my success. My mom because she has gotten the right horses for me, and Duane because he’s trained them,” she said. “There are too many people to thank individually for helping me get here, and I’m afraid to leave anyone out. I thank my family for sure and the whole crew – the people who are always there.”
Schumacher’s Top 10 Wins:
- 2021 The Invitational Level 4 Non Pro Champion – $65,000 – CS O Bingo
- 2021 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Non Pro Reserve Champion – $40,215 – Gunin Addy Tude
- 2020 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Non Pro 4th Place – $23,329 – CS Tosmarttoberuff
- 2020 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Non Pro 5th Place – $20,962 – Alpha Attraction
- 2022 NRBC Level 4 Non Pro Reserve Championship – $20,000 – Gunnastepya
- 2020 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Non Pro 6th Place – $18,595 – Step N Past Ya
- 2018 IRHA Futurity 3 Year Old Level 4 Non Pro 3rd Place – $15,080 – Colonels Danger Zone
- 2022 6666 Ranch NRHA Derby presented by Markel Level 4 Non Pro Reserve Championship – $13,616 – Gunnastepya
- 2019 High Roller Reining Classic Level 4 Non Pro Derby Championship – $13,536 – Alittlewhitetrash
- 2019 Elementa Masters Premiere Level 4 Non Pro Championship – $11,052 – Shine N Whiz
For more information about Gina Schumacher and CS Ranch, visit cs-ranch.com