When Casey Deary and Americasnexttopgun won the Level 4 Open Championship at the 6666 National Reining Horse Association Derby presented by Markel, an incredible $75,000 was added to the lifetime earnings of both the horse and rider.
That meant that Deary, already an NRHA Two Million Dollar Rider, was elevated to the fifth position on NRHA’s Leading Rider list. With lifetime earnings of $3,058,233, he is one of only six riders to have won more than three million. That money was won on 161 horses, bringing his average earnings per horse to $18,995.
Interestingly, it was on Americasnexttopgun (Walla Walla Whiz x Americasnextgunmodel) that Deary surpassed two million dollars in lifetime earnings. That happened when Deary and the stallion, owned by Jody and Jolan Puno, won the 2020 Level 4 Open Championship at the National Reining Breeders Classic.
Deary has won the most money on Ten Thirty (Gunnatrashya x Dainty Little Step), his 2021 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Open Champion. The stallion, owned by Rancho El Fortin, and Deary have generated payouts totaling $369,069.
Deary’s fourth-leading earner, Shesouttayourleague (Walla Walla Whiz x Wimpys Little Chic), boasts $252,470 in lifetime earnings. In fact, it was Shesouttayourleague that gave Deary his first NRHA Futurity Open Championship, and that 2015 win was enough to make Deary a Million Dollar Rider for the first time.
One would be hard-pressed to write Deary’s story without including a chapter devoted to Americasnextgunmodel, who holds the third spot of Deary’s all-time leading horses and is the dam of Americasnexttopgun, who sits at second.
The flashy mare was the one who carried Deary to his first major victory – the 2012 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Open Championship. The talented athlete, owned by NRHA Two Million Dollar Owner Arcese Quarter Horses USA, and her offspring have been responsible for more than $900,000 of Deary’s earnings.
Deary’s Top 10 Wins 9 (as of 7/1/2022):
- 2021 NRHA Futurity Championship – $332,500- Ten Thirty
- 2012 NRHA Futurity Championship – $156,750 – Americasnextgunmodel
- 2015 NRHA Futurity Championship – $142,500 – Shesouttayourleague
- 2018 NRHA Futurity 3rd Place – $96,764 – Americas Supermodel
- 2020 NRBC Championship – $75,000 – Americasnexttopgun
- 2022 NRHA Derby Championship – $71,250 – Americasnexttopgun
- 2020 NRHA Futurity 3rd Place – $69,122 – Down Right Amazing
- 2014 NRHA Futurity 4th Place – $59,690 – ARC Gunna Sparkya
- 2017 NRHA Derby Championship – $57,000 – Shesouttayourleague
- 2016 NRHA Derby Championship – $57,000 – Magnum Starlights
Casey Deary and his wife, Nicole, own and operate Deary Performance Horses in Weatherford, Texas, where they live with their four children. For more information, visit DearyPerformance.com