For Immediate Release – July 11, 2019 – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma – The Italian Reining Horse Association (IRHA) and National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) announce a historic moment for reining in Europe! Due to the recent success of his offspring at the 2019 Maturity held in Caluso (TO) Italy, July 2–7, Spat Olena is unofficially the first Million Dollar Sire in Europe.
Spat Olena, out of Steps Little Remedy, is the fifth offspring by Six Million Dollar sire and 2004 Hall of Fame Inductee Smart Chic Olena to reach this million-dollar milestone. RS Starfighter Lena helped make this achievement happen by winning both the Level (L) 4 and L3 IRHA Maturity Non Pro titles.
The 1993 stallion, owned by Claudio Risso, had great success of his own in the show pen.
Some of his accolades include 1998 National Reining Breeders Limited Open Champion and 1998 All American Quarter Horse Congress Open Reserve Champion and Intermediate Open Champion. His NRHA lifetime earnings (LTE) total more than $38,900.
Spat Olena’s top-earning offspring are:
- RS Fondadores Olena (out of RS Foxy Jacs): $116,157 NRHA LTE
- RS Spat Man O War (out of RS Hollywood Hglo): $81,778 NRHA LTE
- RS Ramses Olena (out of Docs Jabalena): $80,973 NRHA LTE
- Spat A Blue (out of ARC Joy Surprises): $78,751 NRHA LTE
- Spat Split AndWhite (out of ARC Joy Surprises): $75,352 NRHA LTE
Congratulations to Spat Olena and Claudio Risso on this outstanding achievement!
Photo credit: Andrea Bonoga