For Immediate Release – August 8, 2019 – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma – Gunners Special Nite does it again: He has unofficially become the newest National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) Three Million Dollar Sire. He reached this milestone less than one year after joining the NRHA Two Million Dollar Sire list in September 2018.
Gunners Special Nite, by NRHA Hall of Fame inductee and Eleven Million Dollar Sire Gunner and out of Mifs Doll, was bred by Kim and Deborah Sloan. In 2010, Turnabout Farm, Inc., purchased the 2004 stallion and stood him at Tom McCutcheon Reining Horses, Inc., in Aubrey, Texas, where he remains today.
Gunners Special Nite made a name for himself in the show pen before moving on to the breeding barn. With NRHA Professionals Tom McCutcheon and Marcy (Ver Meer) Starr at the reins, the stallion earned NRHA Lifetime Earnings (LTE) of nearly $220,000. His top finishes include:
- 2007 NRHA Open Futurity Reserve Champion and Intermediate Open Champion with Starr
- 2009 National Reining Breeders Classic (NRBC) Level (L)4 Open Derby Finalist with Starr
- 2010 NRBC L4 Open Derby top-10 finisher with Starr
- 2010 World Equestrian Games Individual and Team Gold Medalist with McCutcheon
This sire has produced foals that have become NRBC champions as well as NRHA Futurity and NRHA Derby finalists.
His most notable offspring include:
- Modern Gun (out of Taris Modern Design): NRHA LTE more than $175,400
- Baileys Not Painted (out of Darlins Not Painted): NRHA LTE more than $107,840
- Lenas Shining Gun (out of SL Lenas Chick): NRHA LTE more than $90,440
- Gunners Brite Nite (out of Stiletto Tag): NRHA LTE more than $86,650
- Hollywood Nites (out of NRHA Hall of Fame inductee and Million Dollar Dam Dun It For Chex): NRHA LTE more than $83,750
Congratulations to Gunners Special Nite and Turnabout Farm, Inc., on this outstanding achievement!
Photo by Brasseaux