Thanks to the recent success of his offspring in both the U.S. and Europe, legendary stallion and National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) Hall of Fame Inductee, Gunner (AQHA Colonels Smoking Gun, APHA Colonels Smokingun), is the newest NRHA Eleven Million Dollar Sire. He is only the second sire to reach this milestone.
Owned by Tim and Colleen McQuay of McQuay Stables Inc., Tioga, Texas, the 1993 stallion was bred by Eric Storey of Henagar, Alabama. By Colonelfourfreckle and out of Katie Gun, Gunner was a stand-out in the show pen. Some of his accolades include 1996 NRHA Open Futurity Reserve Champion, 1998 NRBC Open Reserve Champion, and 2001 United States Equestrian Team (USET) Festival of Champions National Reining Champion in Gladstone, New Jersey. His NRHA lifetime earnings (LTE) total more than $173,700.
Gunner’s top-earning offspring are:
- Tinker With Guns (by Tinker Nic): $344,117.65 NRHA LTE
- Gunners Tinseltown (by Miss Tinseltown): $305,307.49 NRHA LTE
- Americasnextgunmodel (by Cee Dun It Do It): $289,486.18 NRHA LTE
- Gunners Special Nite (by Mifs Doll): $219,737.15 NRHA LTE
- Gunnatrashya (by Natrasha): $218,046.65 NRHA LTE
Congratulations to Gunner and McQuay Stables Inc. on this outstanding achievement!