by USEF Communications Department | Jan 30,2017, 10:00 AM EST
Lexington, Ky. – The United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) is pleased to announce that U.S. reining athletes will have the opportunity to participate in the 2017 FEI World Reining Championships for Juniors and Young Riders. This inaugural event will take place at the CS Ranch in Givrins, Switzerland, August 9-12, 2017.
FEI Qualifying Criteria for the 2017 FEI World Reining Championships for Juniors and Young Riders
- Qualification period begins January 1, 2017
- A Junior is defined as any athlete from the beginning of the year in which they reach 14 years old until the end of the year in which they reach 18 years old.
- A Young Rider is defined as any athlete from the beginning of the year they reach 16 years old until the end of the year they reach 21 years old.
- The athlete must achieve a minimum average score of 67 at one CRI3* Junior or Young Rider competition during the qualifying period.
- Horses must be seven years old or older.
U.S. Qualifying Competitions
- Winter Slide (Ardmore, Okla.) February 3-5, 2017
- NRBC (Katy, Texas) April 16-23, 2017
- Wild Card Reining Challenge (Las Vegas, Nev.) May 23-27, 2017
- CNYRHA (Syracuse, N.Y.) June 24, 2017
Additional competitions to be added as approved
For more information, contact USEF Director of Reining, Bryn Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Reining Horse Association is not responsible for information contained in this press release. Please contact the author or submitting organization for further information, requests or questions.